Your Child's First Visit
It is normal for a parent or child to have anxiety when first visiting the dentist. Our goal is to provide safe, gentle, and high quality care to your child. Our practice is tailored toward seeing anxious patients and to make dental visits an experience to be looked forward to. Our state-of-the-art facility is equipped with the most current dental technology and safest sterilization procedures. Our office is also designed to provide a fun and calming environment for our young patients. From iPads to magnetic walls to prizes to goody bags and, most importantly a well-trained staff, we strive to make your child feel at ease to provide safe, high quality care.
During your child's first visit, we will:
- Review dental/medical history forms and ask about any specific questions or concerns
- Complete a thorough exam of the teeth and mouth which may include X-rays of their teeth if needed
- Clean and polish your child's teeth, checking teeth and gums for any cavities or early signs of tooth decay or gingivitis
- Develop and discuss options to form a comprehensive treatment plan to address any issues
What to bring to the first appointment:
- Your insurance card
- A list of all medications, including dosages
- New Patient Forms*
* Download these forms to your computer to complete at home. These documents are in Adobe PDF format. If you're unable to read PDF files, you can download Acrobat Reader free from Adobe.
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and The American Dental Association recommends that children visit the dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep their teeth and gums healthy.
We understand that your family has a busy schedule, We offer convenient appointment times. Please remember that an appointment can last between 20 to 40 minutes.